Meadow

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Here's a sight we saw as we drove along the beach---the clouds started coming down the mountains toward the water and they moved so quickly. It was awesome! They have this road going all along the ocean for about 60 kilometers and it is just one super sight after another.
Here's a sight you've almost all seen before---grammie walking down the beach in the water! The beach was fantastic with white sand and hardly anybody there. It is a little early in the year and it wasn't very warm - really windy like that one day when we went to the beach in Oregon and everyone sat in the car!! I picked up about 10 sea shells in less than 5 minutes - they were everywhere! Elder Herbert made me wear a skirt!!!---but maybe it was good, my pants would have been all wet. The sand is very soft - not scratchy and you can't brush it off. But I don't care.

This shows all the little penguins on the rocks by the beach a little drive away. There seemed to be hundreds of them. They were so cute waddling around. We saw one little lonely one hiding under some bushes.


Here is the bravest little penguin who came right up to us. I am so mad at myself for not trying to touch him. All the Elders asked me if I did and I had to say no :(. . . . . but next time I will! I'll probably lose a finger or something.



No comments:

Post a Comment